Hello everyone from the weekly Gnosis Core Devs Call. This meeting is repeated on Wednesday every week. Watch on Gnosis Chain YouTube channel Participants: Erigon, Gateway, Nethermind, Gnosis DevOps, Gnosis Core Devs, Gnosis Comms team and the contributors.
- Shanghai upgrades details from Nethermind
- RPC updates from Gateway
- Suggestion from Stefan: Increase base fee to 1GWEI?
Let's take a look at the core devs call updates.
- Chiado: Might be finished this month
- Mainnet: Erigon got stuck while syncing mainnet twice, reboot helped
- Also affects other networks
- Not seen in 2.36.1 yet
- Work going on for withdrawals (for Ethereum mainnet)
- We should review the specs for Gnosis when everyone is back, because there’s some new context
- Launched archival RPC (Gnosis mainnet)
- Will launch a website with the new public RPC
- Launching checkpoint sync for Chiado (probably today)
- Fixed an issue with the rate limiter that was too eager
- Looking into looking a bridge validator on Chiado, and then on mainnet
- Waiting for Giacomo to accept traffic on the RPC
- Implementation for withdrawals on Gnosis (and mainnet)
- Only missing part is the smart contract used for withdrawals
- Stefan: Ihor will write the contracts (WIP, ETA: 1 month)
Stefan: Increase base fee to 1GWEI?
- Allows us to make constant spamming very costly. Currently it is too cheap.
- Current base fee: 7 wei -> extremely cheap to spam the network for a long time
- Increasing the base fee to 1 gwei would make it expensive to spam the network even for 10 minutes
- Would require a simple hard fork, which could be included in another hard fork
- No strong opinion
- The computation limit is bound by the gas limit anyways
- Sustained loads would increase the gas price exponentially as per EIP-1559
- On Chiado, a spam of 30 - 60 minutes increased the base fee to hundreds of gwei
- The main idea is to prevent nefarious actors to put relevant transactions on hold for some time, which would degrade user experience
- Chiado RPC routing implemented (testing with Gateway), then mainnet
- 2 Chiado long-term bootnodes
- Update configs