There is a growing ecosystem of 3rd-party Bridges that build on top of native bridges, that provide users with fast liquidity and user experience.
Gnosis has three main types of bridges:
- Native Bridges: built into the chain itself, and mint the canonical token representation of the original asset on Gnosis (e.g. "Canonical Dai", "Canonical ETH")
- 3rd-party Bridges: these are maintained by 3rd parties and allow users to swap for canonical tokens created by native bridges
- Application-Specific Bridges: some applications may provide custom bridges that maintain their own canonical token on Gnosis
Gnosis has two native bridges:
- xDai Bridge that is used to mint the native stablecoin by bridging Dai from Ethereum
- Omnibridge and underlying Arbitrary Message Bridge that are used for bridging tokens and data
See the xDai Bridge.
See the Arbitrary Message Passing Bridge or AMB Bridge for short.
Canonical Bridged Tokens
Tokens that are bridged using Omnibridge are regarded as canonical representations of the origin token on Gnosis Chain.
- Canonical Bridged Tokens
- Select the origin chain by using Filter option.
Gnosis has a long-term roadmap to move towards trustless bridges, and is actively funding research and development in this area.
Feedback & Suggestion
We would love to hear from you on suggestions and ideas on bridges in Gnosis Chain.